The Soča Valley
Jaka Furlan and his girlfriend Maruša took Erhan, Silvia and me for a short trip to the Upper Soča Valley of western Slovenia, to spend one day out from snowy Škofja Loka. :)
The trip was very nice and sunny, all of us (EVS) were at the first time in this beautiful part of Slovenia. On that day we saw:
- a small town Most na Soči;
- the greenest Slovenian river – Soča;
- Slovenian part of the Alps – Julian Alps;
- a little bit of the huge Triglav National Park;
- northwestern Slovenian town Bovec;
- Kobarid, known for the Battle of Caporetto (1917) – the biggest battle on Slovenian territory between the Italians and Austrians during the First World War;
- the Kobarid Museum.
I really liked one picture of Mussolini kissing a Slovenian girl, who was chosen on purpose to show “the friendship” between nations, despite the fact that this area was occupied by Italians between the wars and use of Slovenian language was forbidden.
By the way, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian was shot in Soča Valley, near Bovec.