There were 11 contestants in our international canapes competition, representatives of 6 countries: 1 Bulgarian, 1 Latvian, 4 Slovenians, 2 Spanish, 1 Turkish, 2 Ukrainians.
- bring at least 11 canapes;
- be ready at 21:00;
- give 2 Euro for the prize for the winner;
- taste 1 kind of each canape.
Our voting reminded a Eurovision voting. :) Each of us had to say first 3 places and put points from 3 to 1. A participant who got the most points had won.
- Raquel Pastor (Spain) / Medvode, 15 points.
- Silvia Prieto (Spain) / Škofja Loka, 9 points.
- Viktoria Shnurova (Ukraine) / Škofja Loka, 8 points.
All canapes were tasty and nice. Spanish girls deservedly took their first places. Raquel made the most beautiful canapes – “ladybirds” from tomato, olives, cheese and oregano. Silvia made warm canapes with different from other canapes taste: tomato, fried sweet onion and goat cheese.
I personally didn’t expect that I would take any place at all. I cooked the thing that I wanted to cook for myself quite a long time – fried eggplants with garlic, mayonnaise and tomatoes. It’s very typical Ukrainian food for this time of the year.
P.S. I gave 3 points for Gapis’s canapes, 2 points for Raquel’s and 1 point for Silvia’s.